The game was given the name "Blackjack" when the game was introduced in the United States due to the popular bonus payout that was given for making a hand of 21 with a black jack and a black ace.
How to Play
- Objective of the game is to get as close as you can to 21 points without going over and achieve higher value than House cards.
- Player will be given 2 initial cards and will be offered to Surrender; If House Face-up Card is not an Ace or if an Ace player will be offered Insurance. Otherwise player will be prompted to Hit another card or Stay at least on 12 points. Cards are counted according to face value with picture cards counted as 10 points. Aces however will be treated as a wild card and may be counted as “1 point” or “11 points” depending on how to maximize the point total.
- Option to SPLIT OR DOUBLE down is offered with conditional rules particularly with Aces.
- A hand with a card valued as 10 together with an Ace constitutes the highest possible points and the hand is called a Blackjack.
- Any point total reaching over 21 is considered a bust.
- Side bets offered for Pair (for 2 initial cards).
Blackjack or just "21" is one of the most popular casino games of all time, dating back to the 17th century.